Monday, March 12, 2007

RIA/ASCR convention in Orlando this week

Hello,
If anyone is going to the RIA/ASCR convention in Orlando this week look me up. I will be staying at the Buena Vista and will check in Wednesday. I speak Thursday afternoon. feel free to call my cell phone at 240-988-4866 to get in touch.

I suppose this will sound silly but this trip will be tough on me. I like to visit New York City, Los Angeles, and Iran. Anywhere else is tough, I just do not like to travel. My idea of the good life is having dinner with my family and sleeping in my own bed. I have never been to Florida before. I will make the best of it. With my new job I am starting to travel more.

As many of you know I moved to Pennsylvania to be CIO of an ad agency. That turned out to be about as boring as watching paint dry. So to kill time I have started new business development for the company. We are not really an ad agency in the conventional sense, we are a buying agency. A number of name brand national companies use us to buy their media while their regular ad agency writes and produces the advertisements. It is fun for me. Our existing accounts are 3 to 29 million dollars in buys a year but we are starting to look to smaller accounts to even off our busy and slow times. We dominate the outdoor power industry which means we are super busy now and by summer it will be quiet time.

So if any of the carpet cleaners in particular are at the convention this week let me know.
Best wishes,
Barry O'Connell

No comments: